It can be quite a struggle trying to find the right shades when you are going to attempt to do a highlight and contour.I have went through the pain of using a highlight that was extremely to many shades light and the problems with finding a contour that was deep enough had to be the most difficult task in my makeup journey yet!
I am here to help!
- I recommend using a liquid concealer over a cream. Creams are heavier and settles into the creases of your under eye a lot easier.
- Start with a very small amount of product and gradually build.
- Find your foundation shade that you normally use all over your face and of 2-3 shades lighter and that should be your highlight color.
- Highlights are typically placed under your eye, down the bridge of your nose, forehead, cupids bow, and chin.
- Find a cream or pressed powder 2-3 shades darker than you foundation.
- I typically use a pressed powder eyeshadow, because I can find deeper tones way easier.
For a visual demonstration on how to highlight and contour for dark skin please watch the video below.